Monday 2 June 2014

Annie's way masks review

I just got hooked, by these ordinary-looking-sadly-packaged little things.

I never thought they could do miracles!

I went for shopping at gurney paragon today, and I didn't expect myself to bump into something so AMAZING at the basement floor!

The fairy tales started when I accidentally entered a shop called maskslim (sounds like a beauty and slimming centre haha). They're having sales for their masks, and they particularly recommend this brand from Taiwan -- Annie's way. The first time when I heard about the name I was like WHAT IS THAT WEIRD NAME I'VE NEVER HEARD OF. On further explanations by the sales girl, I knew that it's a brand from Taiwan, and is famous for its gel masks, which costs RM85/bottle, which I didn't buy in the end because it' said little bit pricey and I've had loads of masks in bottle. Back to Annie's way, they have 5 main sheet masks series, moisturizing, anti acne, whitening, anti aging, anti allergy. The sales girl recommended me the anti acne series, due to multiple outbreaks on my skin *sigh* and a few pimple scars on my cheeks (blame my exam!!!)

Surprisingly I bought them, despite the fact that they're a little bit over-priced, but got sales mah, who can resist? :P (excuses, excuses..haha..) buy 5 free 1, buy 10 free 3. Because I always shop-safe, I never buy things in bulk before I try them out, so I've decided to go for buy 5 free 1. I bought 4 from the anti acne series, 1 from anti-allergy series and another 1 from moisturizing series.

I've decided to try it out just now when I was too bored. After washing my face, I put on the blue corn mask I got from the body shop to do some deep cleansing and exfoliating work. Annie's way comes after that.

Seaweed anti acne mask is strongly recommended by the sales girl, so I've chosen it to be the first. :D

The mask sheet is made from 蚕丝,silk paper, so it's thin, flexible, smooth and loaded with essence. I can even squeeze the essence out from the paper. Sorry no photos are available for the mask sheet before I use it to prevent bacterial contamination from my iPad. Haha. It's folded together with a piece of pearl paper (plastic lah, haiyo, just wanna make it sounds nicer :p), which is something I don't really like because I'm very lazy to separate them from each other.

It smells exactly like seaweed, with a hint of honey. Nice smell!

The mask sheet adheres very well to my face, the size is not too big nor too small. 

After applying it for 20 minutes, I took the mask off and pat the essence dry on my face. It absorbs very fast into my skin, leaving no slimy feel, unlike Innisfree masks, which will leave slimy residues. I apply the rest of the essence on my skin, and it feels so gooooddd...

A glimpse of the mask sheet. :D

Skin feels so smooth and refreshing, the essence is so soothing and cooling...

I kinda regretted for not buying the gelly masks after trying out their sheet mask. I believe the gelly masks will be more awesome than this sheet mask. Forgive me for not knowing about this brand earlier. I'll surely polish up on my beauty info during this long holidays. Sigh~

I'll give this mask a rating of 4.7/5, alcohol free, great mask sheets, I'm lovin the essence, will definitely purchase it again! RM7/pc, but I think I might be able to get it at lower price somewhere.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more new product reviews. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment